Course Duration – One day
Benefits Of Time Management Course
Time management means staying on top of your time, life, and activities. It shouldn’t take excessive effort, but it does require some self-control! Nevertheless, the benefits of time management far outweigh the work required.
Our Time Management course is suitable for businesses or people who wish to manage their time more effectively. If you want less stress, less rework, less wasted time and more free time where it counts, then this course is for you.
We will teach you how to get organised, set goals and keep in control. Our course also focuses on meetings and interruptions, team relationships and taking control of procrastination.
We provide training with the level of support and quality you’d expect from a business that have been in the industry since 1998. Our instructor led training service is available throughout the country. We have the flexibility to deliver bespoke training solutions to meet your business needs.
- Using the To-Do list
- Creating a boss “attack list”
- The 5 “killer words” of delegation
- Controllable vs. uncontrollable time
- The Priority mix
Meetings and Interruptions
- 2 steps to get “blurting” under control
- What are the prime times of your day?
- Using a time log
- 7 steps to revolutionise your life
- Techniques for designing a daily plan
Maintaining Balance in your life
- Strategies for setting life goals
- 9 aspects of your life – which are important, meaningful and significant
- How to identify your “I-wish-I-had”
Goal Setting, the key to taking control
- Tips for taking control of perfectionism
- Techniques for identifying long-term vs. short-term goals
- The what, why, when and how goal setting
- Characteristics of a well-stated goal
- The “WIIFM” of a goal
Maintaining Control at Work
- Controlling visitor interruptions by controlling work space
- The use of signals in the workplace
- Simple technique to control interruptions
- Control in the office
- Available work surfaces
Controlling Telephone Interruptions
- Screening calls
- Setting preferred time for calls
- Tips for sorting and dealing with the flood of paperwork
- Power of voice mail, email and fax
- You can eliminate phone tag!
- 3 steps to create proactive communications
- How to delegate effectively and avoid reverse delegation
- Are you delegating 1’s, 2’s, 3’s and 4’s on the priority matrix?
- Complete staff work: powerful delegation tool
- The Meeting plan: avoid wasting time
- The Agenda and “one minute” minute
Taking Control of Procrastination
- The Salami Technique
- The 5 minute plan
- The Balance sheet
- The Journal
There are no prerequisites for this course.