Course Duration - One Day
Benefits of Microsoft PowerPoint Introductory Course
This one day course has been designed to give first time users the skills needed to create and run a basic presentation using Microsoft PowerPoint. This course is 100% hands-on, with practical exercises to practice the new skills as you learn them. All our trainers are highly skilled in Microsoft PowerPoint with many years of experience.
At the end of this course, you will have all the knowledge you need to put a PowerPoint presentation together from scratch. Learn how to perfect the format of your text as well as getting to grips with importing and working with graphics and using the PowerPoint drawing tools to make your presentation much more pleasing to the eye. You will also learn how to make modifications to your presentation before you learn how PowerPoint is used in a live presentation.
After completing this course, you will be prepared to attend the Microsoft PowerPoint Advanced training course.
Although no previous experience of using PowerPoint is necessary, we will assume you have keyboard and mouse experience. Familiarity with the use of Windows software is essential.
Creating a slide presentation
- Creating Text Slides, SmartArt, and Graph Slides
- Editing and Deleting Slides
- Inserting, Moving, Copying, Re-sizing & Deleting ClipArt
- Using PowerPoint presentation templates
Using the Drawing Tools
- Auto shapes
- Flipping & rotating objects
- Grouping & ungrouping objects
- Fill patterns
- Shadow effects
- Slide, outline, slide sorter, notes, slide show view
- Applying special effects to text
- Applying special effects to slides
- Speaker notes
- Audience handouts
Producing & running a slide show
- Creating a Custom Show (select the slides appropriate to the audience from a large presentation)
- Rehearsing slide timings
- Moving between slides (going to a specific slide, restarting the show)
- Using the pen
No previous experience of using PowerPoint is necessary, although keyboard and mouse experience is assumed. Familiarity with the use of Windows software is essential.