Course Duration - One Day
Benefits of Introduction to Computers Course
This course is suitable for computer users who have very little or no experience of working with PC's and a Windows environment. Our Introduction to Computers course is 100% hands-on, with exercises to help trainees practice the new skills they learn.
The benefits of taking an Introduction to Computer training course are many and invaluable. Today, computers are used in more environments and for more functions than ever before, and their use is here to stay and on the increase. Knowing the basic skills is a must in the workplace, knowing your way around a PC will definitely save you time, and it may actually help reduce your stress levels!
Once you’ve successfully completed the Introduction to Computers course, you will know the basics of a PC, from identifying its parts (keyboard, monitor, system unit, peripheral devices), to working with files and folders.
Insight IT guarantee a consistently high standard of training. Our trainers have the relevant software and training qualifications, and at least five years of training experience.
- Identifying the parts of a PC (keyboard, monitor, system unit, peripheral devices) and connecting the parts together
- Using a mouse/touchpad and understanding the different buttons
- Looking at windows – identifying the parts of a window and what they do
- Moving a window around the screen and resizing the window
Working with Windows Applications
- Opening a Windows application
- Jumping between open Windows applications
- Using the navigation system in a Windows application
Working with Files and Folders
- Understanding disks, drives, folders and subfolders
- Using My Computer (Windows Explorer); moving, copying & deleting files
- Create folders and subfolders
- Work with removable storage devices (e.g. memory sticks)
Using the Windows Help system
There are no prerequisites for this course.